Three Day First Aid at Work Training
The ProTrainings First Aid at Work Level 3 qualification (FAW) is ideal for most businesses whose risk assessment has identified that they require a fully trained first aider for their workplace. All courses are delivered, evaluated and quality assured to meet the new guidelines set out by the HSE in October 2013 and meet the requirements of the First Aid at Work (First Aid) regulations 1981 and subsequent 2016 changes.
All our first aid courses fully meet the UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2015 as per the HSE requirements.
This course is completed over a minimum of 18 contact hours and run over a minimum of 3 days and on completion our first aid at work certificate is valid for 3 years. To renew your first aid at work certificate you will need to attend a 12 contact hour 2 day FAW requalification course.
Course Content - Click to view
- Initial Care
- First Aid at Work Regulations and Rules, Accident Reporting, Activating Emergency Medical Services, Fears of First Aid, Barriers – gloves and face barriers, Initial Assessment and airway management, Unconscious Breathing and Recovery Position
- Cardiac Problems
- The Heart, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Heart Attacks and CPR, One Rescuer CPR, Compression only CPR, CPR Handover to a Second Rescuer, Introduction to AED’s
- Other Primary Care First Aid Problems
- Adult Choking, Conscious and Unconscious, Serious Bleeding Management and Wounds, Shock Management and types of Shock, Spinal Injury Management
- Specific Injury Management
- Injury Assessment, Breaks, Fractures and Splinting, Strains and Sprains, Types of Wounds and Practice Bandaging different Injuries, Embedded Objects, Burns and Scalds, Head Injuries, Poisoning, Temperature Injuries – Heat Stroke, Heat Exhaustion and Hypothermia, Eye Injuries, Bites and Stings, Crush Injuries, Chest Injuries, Electrical Injuries
- Illness Management
- Illness Assessment, The Respiratory System and Hypoxia, Diabetes, Anaphylactic Shock, Heart Attack, Angina, Stroke, Asthma and Respiratory Problems, Hyperventilating
We offer an onsite first aid at work course in the Middlesex/Surrey areas including Ashford, Chertsey, Egham, Heathrow, Staines upon Thames, Richmond upon Thames, Teddington, Feltham, Hampton, Kingston upon Thames, Walton, Weybridge, Windsor, and immediate surrounding areas and training can be fitted in with your working schedule.
In May 2016 the HSE and Awarding Organisations announced that computer based blended training is now allowed for all workplace first aid courses. You can now become a fully qualified First Aider in the workplace, with two days of classroom training after completing this online course. Reduce your training and travel costs by using our engaging, blended online video based course. Learn at your pace, one to one with your instructor at a time that suits you.
This blended FAW course meets all of the requirements under the HSE and Awarding Organisations and is available as a ProTrainings or Regulated Qualification.
For any additional information regarding the onsite First Aid at Work training in the Middlesex/Surrey area that we offer, or any of the additional training that we have available please contact us through our contact us page.